Friday, September 9, 2011

My life has been a whirlwind over the past month it seems. I can’t begin to describe to you how exciting it has been to observe the Lord’s hand in my life lately. The scripture that talks about the fact that God’s ways and thoughts are higher than mine has never meant more to me. For the past several weeks, I have felt uneasy. I wasn’t sure why and I didn’t know what to do or where to move. So I prayed. And prayed and prayed. About 30 days ago, the Lord made it very clear. I received the opportunity to return to Esther’s House in Malawi until late November and I knew. If you know me at all – you know that I love this place. But its not the place that got me excited… its that I was given that irreplaceable peace – knowing that I am where God wants me to be for this exact time in my life. It was easy this time, and I am thankful for that. I know that decisions aren’t always this simple.

I haven’t been able to get the following scripture out of my mind. Had I been accepted for that certain position I applied for, I would not have been able to come this fall. My thoughts are not His thoughts. I had planned it all out – thought I would be working away in NWA for the next year or so. He ordered my steps differently. I can’t believe He has given me this opportunity again! He knows me.

Proverbs 16:9 says, “The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.

I am in Malawi! I can hardly believe it still. We (a team of 10) left NWA on August 28th, and their time ended yesterday. Stacy Mossberger and I will be staying in Malawi until late November – helping to accomplish some things for this ministry while the permanent missionary is in the states for a while. When I returned to Arkansas after my summer in Malawi, Stacy went to stay in Malawi for several months. We have been very busy working with this team for that past two weeks. I apologize for the lack of blogging! We have done a number of different things, and have seen many people saved throughout the team’s time here. God has been good.

I appreciate your support and prayer so much. God has blessed me immeasurably in the area of friends and family! Pictures to come as soon as I get a faster internet connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment