Saturday, November 26, 2011

Last One


***This last blog post was written just a couple of days before my departure from Malawi. I was unable to post it due to the lack of an Internet connection. I am home now, but I wanted to post it anyways. Hopefully this short, last post makes clear my gratefulness to God for allowing me this opportunity and my gratitude to all of you for the much needed support I have received!***

          
          I feel like I have some how cheated the system. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world -that James 1:27 exists and that God has chosen to prepare my heart for such a special task.

          I still can’t believe that I was given the opportunity to return to Malawi this year. God has been so awesome. God IS so awesome. He has really shown up in a big way during our time here. I could have never guessed, ahead of time, some of the miracles He has done, and I certainly would have never guessed some of the lessons I would learn during my stay. We have seen people saved; we have witnessed birth and new life; we have experienced the grief that comes with death, and we have seen growth – all in just a matter of months.

          I can’t believe I am just a day away from getting on a plane that is headed for the U.S. Time feels very weird. It is slow and fast all at the same time… if that makes any sense. There is nothing left but good-byes and packing! I am excited to see my family, and grateful for the chance to be home for the holidays. However, I also know that the moment I leave this special place - my heart will begin missing it and aching for my friends and family in Malawi, Africa all over again.

          I am extremely blessed. Don’t think for one second that I don’t realize this fact. I am beyond grateful for those of you who have supported this ministry or myself in any way over the past months. I am forever grateful for every phone call, for each encouraging message or email, and for every single prayer. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!”

Until next time!
-Alyssa-














       


No comments:

Post a Comment