Thursday, June 10, 2010

Muli bwanji from Africa!!! We are finally here and I can honestly say that it was worth the two-day travel, huge ankles, and the horrible Ethiopian food on our plane! God really did bless us in our travels, though. We missed no flights, had no missing luggage and only one long layover. It was long nonetheless and It was SOOO nice to see Josh and Kristen at the airport in Lilongwe- I don’t know how we would have survived these first few days without them. We got into Malawi on Tuesday afternoon and by the time we gathered our luggage (8 trunks and 4 suitcases) and finished a few errands, it was dark and we were unable to travel to Ntcheu. While in Lilongwe, the capital city, we were able to eat pizza and it was delicious… as to my expectations anyways. We ran some errands to get a few things that we are not able to get in Ntcheu and spent the night at the Logonot Guest House. The first night was pretty rough, sleep wise. I was exhausted but still woke up about every two hours. Any who, the next day we did a few last errands in the city before heading to the house!


The drive was beautiful. Malawi was on one side and Mozambique on the other with beautiful, big mountains on each side. Getting to the house was so exciting! We all really felt like we were home. After taking a tour and settling in a bit, we got to take our first trip out to Esther’s House. I could have cried I was so happy to see that place. I got to hug the boys for the first time and I melted from the first moment. It is so evident that the Lord is doing something special in that place and I am so excited that I get to have a front row seat for the next two months. I am still in awe that the Lord picked me for this! We have had a great time so far and have gotten a lot accomplished. I could go on and on about the friendships I have already begun to build and everything I have seen and experienced, but I will quit with the wordiness for now! Up at 5 in the a.m.!! Enjoy the pictures!


Abbie sent these huge coloring books with me for the boys. They loved them! They each colored 2 complete pages while we were there tonight!
Can you believe how cute?
Below they are watching a message video on my ipod :)

6 comments:

  1. yay! Thank you! I will show Titus your picture when he wakes up in the morning. I love you and I can't wait for the next post. I can't believe you are in Africa!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you and the team! You are going to have an amazing time!!! We love you, Aunt Diana and Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH so happy you are there and getting settled in. Can't wait to hear how God is going to use you guys there. Hope sleeping gets easier.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! You're so right, Sis! God is doing some AMAZING things over there, and you get to be a part of it! I'm glad you are there safe, and hope sleeping gets easier soon.

    The kiddos missed you a ton yesterday (Thursday) and can't wait to see their Miss Alyssa again! A managed to get himself locked in the playroom so that was pretty exciting, although, E was kind of sad when he didn't get to crawl through the window from the outside. ;)

    I love you, and I'm praying for you!!! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boys look HAPPY!!! And so do you. Good to see your smiling face - - WE MISS YOU!!! Keep these posts coming!!!

    Love you, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! I can't wait to hear all that God does while you are there. Those boys are so precious! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete