Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am not sure why, but I have been unsuccessful in posting pictures the last couple of days. It is quite frustrating because I have so many wonderful pictures to share! Hopefully, I will be able to get it working soon... since there is only 7 days left in my trip! Can you believe it? The pain of leaving this place has already begun to sink in. As we were leaving Esther's House tonight it really hit me. It doesn't help that our Malawian friends are always reminding us that the end is near. They say the sweetest things which I love to hear but hate how it sharpens the heartache. I have made some wonderful, life-long, friends this summer... family really. I can't believe I have to leave them.

Anyways, we have had some very good days since the last time I wrote. Yesterday, we had our last "excursion" day- just Cindy, Derek, and I. It was nice and relaxing. We did another safari and saw so many wonderful things... so many more animals than in our last experience. We also visited the lake- which is quickly becoming our favorite spot. It is absolutely beautiful. We have had great day today as well. We started the morning with a not-so-good phone call from Bruce saying that our watchman's daughter was very ill. She is somewhere between 8-12 months old and had a bad case of Malaria. However, we got her to the hospital and she has now started treatment and is feeling better. Afterwards, we headed back out to Esther's House to meet with the staff along with one of the local baptist pastors here. We had a prayer meeting that was greatly needed and was such an encouragement. We have already experienced answered prayer and been given exciting opportunities as the day has progressed.

Tomorrow we have plans to travel to Blantyre after a meeting and an appearance at the Madzanje Secondary School graduation. There is some business we need to get accomplished, but we are looking forward to time with our missionary friends there as well. Please pray that in this last week we are able to get much accomplished. Pray for me as I try my best to keep my mind off of the sad end; I want to enjoy each day to its fullest. Thank-you, once again, for your prayer and support. It has been so evident and comforting.


No comments:

Post a Comment